Mike Bozich's International Trot Full Card Analysis
(3) MACH TIME N - His chances have been seriously diminished by bad post draws in 4 of his last 5 races. Back on September 1st at Yonkers, he was bet well against similar, and made a brief uncovered bid against a fast middle half. Probable favorite Christen Me N has never lived up to the hype since arriving to the states, although he fits well in this spot.
(6) ALPHA D'URZY - An obvious line through his last. Sears returns after driving him to victory against upper-conditioned level company two back as the fav. The fourth start back was an excellent try coming from 17 lengths off at the quarter to rally nicely. Value should be good with other wagering options here.
(1) ABNER THE GREAT - Off for a month due to sickness, but the Freehold qualifier indicates readiness. Finished second from the pylon draw two starts ago against similar. It could be a repeat trip from this spot. (3) SOHO LENNON A is easily the one to beat if he's ready. (6) BLOOD BROTHER is an interesting longshot hope coming out of the same qualifier as the above. Has speed.
(3) I'M SOME GRADUATE - Trainer Ron Burke just had a similar charge win by the length of the stretch at Harrah's Philly at the time of this writing. Similar in the sense that he was making his third start after taking over the training for Gareth Dowse. Shouldn't have to be used as hard from this better post. A big shot.
Selections - 3-4-6
(4) PHOTOBOMBR HANOVER - Just simply to much to do last start from post 7. Took much of these same horses gate to wire two back as the heavy favorite. With the main threats on the outside, his 6-1 morning line offering is not likely to hold up.
(4) THEARTOFCONFUSION A - Love the move back to Brian Sears after a near-miss to Great Vintage when he last drove three starts back. Great Vintage is now in post 8. Likely in line for a good second over journey, and the probable pace setter (Caviart Luca) does shorten up at times. Hoping the morning line offering holds up.
Race 7 - THE $250,000 HARRY HARVEY INVITATIONAL TROT
(3) GUARDIAN ANGEL AS - Loomed boldly at 3 quarters in that world record time at The Red Mile only to get gunned down by (10) HOMICIDE HUNTER, who is tasked with the second tier here today. The 1:50.4 effort at Harrah's Philly earlier in the year is a track record for 4-Year-Old horses. He will be put into play early, and with the main contender in the second tier, he could race away and hide.
Race 8 - THE $1 MILLION YONKERS INTERNATIONAL TROT
(1) MARION MARAUDER - To list his well known accomplishments would take up most of this page, so let's concentrate on today. First, he draws the rail, an obvious plus. He is versatile and can race from on, just off, or way off the trot...Chances are, we won't have to worry about option three. Over the last seven starts, he has two losses, and both were excuse lines. Has a real good shot to go over $1 million in seasonal earnings right here. Possible value with Ringostarr Treb figuring to get good European wagering action.
(9) LORD CROMWELL - Dangerous IF he can stay flat. With the speedy Dayson starting in front of him, he should have excellent striking range. His win last time was easy. This is not the strongest Open Trot, with only one horse winning an actual Open over the last six starts, and that horse (7) WESLYNN DANCER did it in early July. Value.
(1) TOBER - Put a line through his last with the break after the start. Has speed and was a near miss at this class two back. A similar trip could be in the offing, and the 7-1 morning line is too good to pass up. Big shot to sit behind the (3) MOSTINTERESTINGMAN through out.
Race 11 - THE $250,000 DAN ROONEY INVITATIONAL PACE
(4) BIT OF A LEGEND N - He's a half mile specialist who has made over $2.3 million in his career with 46 wins. The horse that will likely be bet off the board (2) MCWICKED has never won on a half mile track. As a matter of fact, he hasn't been on a half mile track since May of 2016, when he finished third in the Molson Pace at Western Fair. Going for value here.
(2) SHOOTER'S DREAM - Brennan stays with him as he makes his third start for trainer Ed Hart. Good second against the classy P H Supercam in his local debut. No shot from an outside post last week. Should be much better here and figures to be good value.